Many OEMs are already incorporating touch technology in their devices to meet the demanding industrial requirements. With a variety of touch screen technologies, like ULTRA, Resistive, LCIR, SAW and PCAP. Why is PCAP (projected capacitive) touch screen the best solution for healthcare equipment?
At A D Metro, we have been pioneering this innovative tech for the last 20 years. PCAP stands for Projective Capacitive, it’s the same sensor that you find on most cellphones today.
This also includes the advanced medical devices, now designed with touch interfaces to offer clean, durable, and easy-to-use healthcare solutions. The medical industry is constantly evolving and employing touch devices for multiple functions.
OEMs (Optical Equipment Manufacturers) trust PCAP touch screens for making touch interfaced equipment. There are two main reasons that make PCAP technology an ideal solution:
- enhanced user experiences with multi-touch points function, and
- Improved life of the equipment with durable construction.
Additionally, single, and multi-touch functionalities along with improved ruggedness make PCAP touch screens best suited for medical applications.
Another great feature of PCAP touch screens includes great adaptability, which is achieved through the innovative ARGON controller offered by A D Metro. This is a revolutionary controller engineered with intelligent technology that allows it to automatically adapt to a wide range of off-the-shelf sensor sizes, formats, and cover glasses. Thus, PCAP touch screens are an excellent choice to build larger-size panels used in medical diagnostics such as X-rays of patients which require high resolution displays.
How PCAP Touch Screen Becomes Ideal Solution for healthcare Equipment
- The multi-touch capability of PCAP touch screen technology allows advanced gesture recognition such as pinch, zoom, and rotate features. The multi-touch function in medical applications is to add the convenience of analyzing graphic images; for example, with the zoom-in and out feature, doctors can check even the most minute details. PCAP touch screens also can offer up to 10 simultaneous touch.
Accuracy & Stability
- Touch screens for medical applications need to be perfectly stable so that professionals can quickly produce a more accurate diagnosis. Ghost touches or drift in medical devices might be risky for a patient’s safety in emergency situations. Once again this where the A D Metro PCAP touch screen solution is what OEMs usually trust to avoid such problems.
- PCAP touch panels comprise a glass substrate with an ITO that does not change over time. As a result, the position of the ITO stays firm and does not change its electrical properties. That means the accuracy and stability of the sensor never changes either.
Compatible with a wide temperature range
- With the all-glass construction of a PCAP touch sensor, the temperature tolerance range also increases and allows the device to function accurately. PCAP touch screen sensors allow devices to be used in environments ranging from -10°C to +60°C (14°F to 140 °F). The ability to survive extreme temperatures allows PCAP touch screens to be used in a wide variety of medical or healthcare environments where temperature requirements might not be normal such as with portable medical devices.
- PCAP touch screens are backed by robust features, such as the ability to sustain harsh chemicals, dirt debris, germs, etc. Moreover, in medical settings, equipment needs to be regularly cleaned and sanitized to maintain hygiene. The exceptionally durable glass surface in PCAP touch screens makes them withstand contaminants and abuse, thus an ideal solution for medical equipment.
Stylus, Light Gloves, or Bare Finger
- PCAP touch screens can be modified aptly by A D Metro, to make it work with surgical gloves so the user does not need to remove the gloves to operate the device. Hence, the productivity and efficiency of the work remain unaffected and medical professionals can keep their process streamlined.
PCAP touch screens allow for more robust designs, longer lifespans, and durability to enhance the look and feel of medical equipment. With consistent research and advancing technologies at A D Metro, PCAP touch technology is only getting better to improve the user experience.
A D Metro offers PCAP touch innovations that include a patented group controllers as well as the ARGON controller to simplify product development.